Sunday, January 10, 2010

V. Sattui 2007 California Gamay Rouge, Napa

12%, $17.75 at the winery.

I was lucky enough to have some of this rose at a recent tasting and to take the remains home for further contemplation.

Gamay Rose's are light and flavorful, and this one is so fruity and tasty it's almost like candy in a glass. I have to say, I really like it. A great aperitif, it also went well with roasted chicken. And some chocolates I had for dessert.

I understand this is only for sale at the winery or online with no retail or restaurant sales. It's well worth the list price of $17.75. If you prefer your rose's with plenty of fruit (rather than the ultra-dry style favored by other critics anxious to separate themselves from the risk of association with sweet white Zinfandel), you will enjoy this wine, as I did.

Mac 10 Jan 10

No comments: